Friday, October 8, 2010

Why Blogger?!

I decided to get my fanny over to Blogger and, for the meanwhile, ditch the Tumblr I've been using, because this is a better forum for the type of blog posts I want to create. Tumblr doesn't really lend itself to long-winded psuedointellectual rants on a/sexuality in patriarchal society. Nobody is gonna read that when they come to Tumblr to look at pretty pictures and read short quotes and other recycled web materials. Tumblr isn't a bad thing, it's just not what I'm after right now.

So this new blog, Another Asexual Radical, will contain all my ramblings about life as an asexual-identified person in a society which believes that a lack of sexual interest and sexual attraction is not only a sign of mental illness, but is an illness in itself. I will theorize about asexuality in various contexts, and, like many asexuals, write about radical new ways of conceptualizing relationships. I can't promise doctoral thesis quality writings, but I'll do my best to be honest, critical, and maybe provide unusual insights.

If this is to your liking, stick around I guess.


By the way, my name is Mage and I am the editor of a zine called Asexual Feminism. Really, it should be Asexuals Feminisms (plural!) because it is a compilation of writings from asexual feminists of a variety of theoretical and practical standpoints. Get in touch if you're interested in writing for the next issue, I'm pretty open to new submissions. asexualfeminism@gmail.com

I also have a new perzine (personal zine) called Asexy, which is a bit like a reflective diary on how I came to my identity as an asexual person, what it means for me, why, and other things...




Moi moi,
Mage

No comments:

Post a Comment